There's something very different about the Sabbath (I consider the Sabbath to be the day of rest, for some people it means Saturday or for some people Sunday). There is nothing like that day, seriously.
In my case, I wake up and first thing I hear is the praise coming from the beautiful songs whistled by the birds outside my window. Then I open my eyes and see the bright light that tells me it is a NEW day. I open my Bible and the few chapters read are words of wisdom and teaching that completely changed the way I think. Instructing me to pray more and stop thinking it's okay not to on some days. I start to feel guilty and it's not a good feeling, but there is a peace that overwhelms my being by knowing that I can't fix myself on my own. I need the help, I need the thirst to speak and to plead. I need that desire, that God-given desire to kneel down and freely say what I want to say and lose track of time.
Sunday mornings are special. There is no other day like it. In the mist of busyness, illness and discouragement, there is no such cure as a quiet restful day such as Sunday.
------
It is now Monday, and I think the day of rest is over. Unfortunately. So I am actually going to sleep for tomorrow, because Monday mornings are just terrible. You Know It. :-)
Should be awesome.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
This is so well-written, Francheska. Aweosme. And so true! Sometimes it is really hard for me to stop over-scheduling myself, and just enjoy a quiet, unhurried Sabbath. :)
Post a Comment