Today I had a conversation with my father at starbucks. Yes, Imagine that.
My dad had been asking to see me and talk to me a couple of times, and I was avoiding it thinking it was another topic he wanted to talk about (one that involved investments).
After I finally gave in, because I slept in and didn't go to the night service (after coming back from the day service and taking a nap), I was walking out of my door and going to church since I didnt know it was already over, better late than never right? My friend calls me and tells me that its over, so It left me no choice but to go with my dad to starbucks. So I did.
I actually enjoyed the talk and prejudged it like hardcore. Stupid kid, blah. Anyway, he talked to me about a couple of things that I needed to hear, urged me to do things I have to do, and encouraged me to keep being myself in most times of this phase of life. I enjoyed the talk and actually wish we spoke longer.
I have this pride that I want to make myself so busy so that I dont have time to do things I should be doing, like getting my masters. Hopefully I am able to overcome that and come to the point where I force myself to do the things I know I have to do sooner or later.
I pray that God gives me the strength to take courage and get my studies done. I dont want to get wrapped up in my 9-6pm work schedule and ignore the things that I was brought down here to do. I would hate to look back many years from now and regret not taking the chance to do the things my dad adviced me to do.
I dont want to have regrets about THIS time right now in my life. I am free to do them because I am not yet involved in any relationships that would keep me from advancing in my education.
I dont want to have regrets when I move away from this place and say "I wish I did this or that"
I know God is in control over my life, but it is up to me to have no regrets in doing the things he's made me capable of doing.
I want to have
No Regrets.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
This sounds as if it were a blog written for me. You're lucky to have such a good father. My father's advice would have been: oh wait he never gave me any constructive advice.
Good advice, my dear. Don't be afraid to go after it. Just take the plunge: if God has other plans, He will direct you in another direction. But don't be afraid to cross that Jordan River! That's what I've learned, too. We are in the situations in life right now where we CAN do these things, and when we meet our husbands, some of these options will close. Go after it! You've got the rest of your life to work; I'd agree with your dad, and say that you should go after your education. I know you can do it, and everyone in New York has faith in you!!! <3
Post a Comment