For those of you that don't know, I lived in New York for almost 9 years. I moved to the Hudson Valley in New York in early 2000, where pretty much my life 'started.' I cannot begin to describe how blessed I was to live there. In good times and in bad times.
Anyway, in a nutshell, I moved to Tennessee about 4 months ago and I have not been to New York that often since then. But I will share a single visual memory of 3/7/2007.
To me, it takes just a picture to re-invent the exact moment and place I was. Things like in the atmosphere like sounds, vision, smell, touch--all the senses activate to bring me back to something that is no longer available. How amazing is the mind?!
A few [words] that helped me travel back:
- Colombian Restaurant (Restaurante Colombiano)
- El Bronx, Manhattan, Nueva Jersey (New Jersey)
- Coffee, Green Bananas In Colombian Restaurant
- Eating fast, comments about eating fast
- Bad Smell, fumes, Toyota (cars, trucks)
- Traffic, parking spot, truck, impressed crowd, thumbs-up
- Solomon Guggenheim Museum, Cooper Hewitt, SoHo
- Dali, Juan Gris, painting, Miro
- Rock chairs, wooden figures, Bad posters, Futurism posters
- Criticism, Texture, water, blue
- Shoes, Money, Sweat in sweater, embarrassment
- Design, art, no camera rules, no pictures, embarrassment
- excitement, picture, no smiles
- building view, good view, crime, dark, beautiful
- boyfriend, friend, date, no date, person
- hug, cold chair, eyes, smile
- wind, cold, sweater, no sweater









Ok, thanks for traveling with me. Hope you used your imagination!


1 comment:
What a great list of descriptive words. Why don't we stop using whole sentences to describe something, and just rattle off a whole list of words like that? I think it really gives a great impression of what it was like!
And those pics are gorgeous. I love the lines in the first two. :)
MISSYOU.
Post a Comment