To live, To die....
Death has definitely become a hot hot topic in American news headlines as of late. With all the sudden deaths of American icons we've been shaken by something that is often ignored, the topic of "death"
Yeah, we hear of the masses dying in Iran, Africa and Brazil, but does it really move us? It doesn't move us until we see it face to face with something as unexpected as a family member or a figure that has influenced our music culture in so many ways, like, you've guessed it, Michael Jackson.
Since he's the hot topic, I thought I'd reflect a little on my thoughts on his death.
It's sudden, it's sad, yet it's so common.
My friend texted me earlier this week saying her grandmother was dying, and not only that, today was 2 years from her dad's passing.
Now, I really can't imagine none of my grandmothers or my parents passing, I don't even touch that topic, because it's a shoe that I don't see myself wearing. It doesn't fit me, it's just not my size!
I just don't see enough comfort to people going through a loss of this magnitude. All I can say is that eventually, death comes to all of us. And if one thing humans have in common, is that we come from the same place and we will end up in the same place, in the dirt--an expensive golden casket, or a wooden one--it's all the same.
Eventually.
As far as Michael's children, I just hope that they find a father that can be the best father they ever imagined. The God of the orphan and the widows. He's always been alive and always will. He's there when we wake up, and death is not in his vocabulary. I just hope they find that eternal hope, as well as anyone suffering from the loss of a parent. It's hard to imagine your parents not being there one day, especially when they're close to you. But in God there is no such thing as death. That is the most awesome news anyone in dispair could get!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That's something I've actually been thinking about -- the only reason that these people's deaths (Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, Billy Mays) are in the news is because they were famous. Their families grieve, but have to do so publically. That's sad to me.
Post a Comment